Master's in Accounting Requirements
Complete these requirements for a master's in accounting.
Master's in Accounting GMAT Waiver
Completion of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a score that equals or exceeds an overall score of 500 AND a minimum score of 33 on the quantitative section of the exam. The University of North Dakota Master of Accountancy (MAcc) Program will automatically offer a GMAT waiver for applicants who, in addition to meeting all other admissions criteria, meet one of the following criteria. Note, a listed university is one that either has a business school that has achieved AACSB accreditation or is a top 200 National University or a top 150 National Liberal Arts College as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- All applicants for either the combined or accelerated bachelor/master of accountancy programs
- Applicants with an earned graduate or undergraduate degree in a Business or quantitative STEM field from a listed university and a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher in that degree.
- Applicants with an earned graduate or undergraduate degree with any major from any regionally accredited university with a cumulative 3.4 GPA or higher.
- A valid GRE score from the past 5 years where the GRE test score can be translated to an equivalent GMAT test score of at least 500 AND a minimum score of 33 on the quantitative section using the GRE Comparison Tool.
- Other well qualified applicants with the approval of the MAcc program director.
The requirements on this page are pulled from UND’s academic catalog and may not reflect future terms. Updates are published annually in April.
This program meets the educational prerequisites for professional licensure or certification in several states. Check our licensure map for more details.State Licensure Map