Build the skills needed with technology to create solutions to future problems.
Get a background in how technology infrastructure works with a minor in Computer Science.
- Program type:
- On Campus or Online
- Est. time to complete:
- 1-2 years
- Credit hours:
Why minor in computer science?
UND offers a minor program that is truly unique with opportunities to:
- Create web and mobile apps.
- Develop computer animations and virtual reality systems.
- Analyze imagery and data from unmanned and manned aircraft systems.
- Influence the design of systems for aerospace.
- Develop expertise in cybersecurity, big data, software engineering, information technology, computer animation, and game design.
Skills Learned with a Minor in Computer Science
A Computer Science minor gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Java (Programming Language)
- SQL (Programming Language)
- Hypertext Markup Language/HTML
- C++ (Programming Language)
Where computer scientists work?
Computer Science alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Digi-Key Corporation
- Rockwell Collins, Inc.
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Altru Health System
- Newscycle Solutions, Inc.
Computer Science Minor Courses
Computer Science at UND
Learning to Lead
Computer Science researchers encourage young students to think through experiments and hypotheses.