Curriculum and Instruction (M.S.)
Develop your teaching, research, assessment and curriculum skills, and prepare to make your mark as a teacher or administrator.
Change the world, one curriculum at a time. With UND's 100% online master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, you’ll be prepared to serve as an agent of change in the classroom.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
- 34 (thesis option) or 32 (non-thesis option)
Why Earn a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction Online?
Preparing children to meet tomorrow's challenges is work worth doing. UND's online M.S. program in curriculum and instruction empowers you to make an impact on the way children are taught.
Designed for licensed K-12 educators, the curriculum and instruction program responds to current educational issues. Through this online graduate program you will learn to:
- Design and implement student-centered curricula
- Conduct learning assessments
- Meet the diverse needs of all students
- Conduct systematic, classroom-based research
- Use appropriate technology to support teaching and learning
- Communicate and collaborate with other educators
100% Online Graduate Program For K-12 Educators
The program in 100% online with no on-campus travel needed. Our consistent course offerings provide for timely graduation and responsive faculty are available for advising.
UND's M.S. in curriculum and instruction offers two tracks.
- Track 1 is for students who have a degree in education with a teaching license. This track allows first-year teachers to earn a master's while getting expert mentoring support through our Resident Teacher Program.
- Track 2 is designed for students who have an earned a bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in a licensable content area (English, reading and language arts, mathematics, science, foreign languages, music visual arts, history, civics and government, geography, and economics are considered core academic subjects) and are seeking initial licensure at the graduate level.