Program-Specific Admission Requirements
- Statement of Goals – Submit a typed essay discussing your professional goals and aspirations, including how your current skills along with advanced study of educational leadership will aid you in the attainment of these goals.
- Essay – One essay, no more than 800 words from among the three possible topics below:
- Summarize the leadership activities in which you have been involved in recent years and explain how these experiences reflect your vision of and capacity for leadership.
- Please identify a problem or challenge in a school, school-related organization, or your professional life generally and write an analysis in which you assess the issue(s), describe effective strategies for addressing the issue(s), and make clear the implications for the exercise of effective leadership in the situation.
- Please describe a problem of educational policy decision –making, policy content, or policy implementation, and explain how a deeper understanding of policy or the policy process could improve the situation.
The content on this page is pulled from UND’s current academic catalog and may not reflect future terms. Updates are published annually in April.