Educational Foundations Ph.D. Requirements
Complete these requirements for a Ph.D. in Educational Foundations and Research.
Educational Foundations and Research Ph.D. Admission Requirements
Essay statement (no more than 800 words) including a statement of goals (no more than 300 words)
Submit a typed essay discussing your professional goals and aspirations, including how advanced research skills and the study of educational policy, reform, and equity will aid you in the attainment of these goals. Include an essay addressing one of the questions below:
- Please identify a problem/challenge in a school, school-related organization, or your professional life generally and write an analysis in which you assess the issue(s) within the problem/challenge, describe how additional research could inform the problem(s), and make clear the implications for practice in the field.
- Please describe a problem of educational policy decision –making, policy content, or policy implementation, and explain how a deeper understanding of policy or the policy process could improve the situation.
Submit a professional curriculum vitae (C.V.) or resume (no more than five pages) that includes the following information:
- Educational background
- Work-related experience
- Conference presentations (if applicable)
- Publications (if applicable)
- Professional honors and awards
- Any other experiences you believe may aid the admission committee in evaluating your application
GRE, Advanced GRE, or MAT
Graduate Admissions Requirements
In addition to meeting these program requirements, you must also meet the UND School of Graduate Studies admissions requirements to apply for this program.
The requirements on this page are pulled from UND’s academic catalog and may not reflect future terms. Updates are published annually in April.