Elementary Education (M.Ed.)
Advance your teaching practice and prepare to contribute to the teaching profession with an M.Ed. in Elementary Education.
The M.Ed. in Elementary Education from UND is ideal for licensed teachers and other education professionals who are seeking advanced knowledge in best practices in teaching, assessment, curriculum development and working with diverse students.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Elementary Education at UND?
Designed for licensed teachers, the M.Ed. in Elementary Education prepares you to take your teaching skills to the next level.
There is no better place to be than UND for learning how to make a positive difference in the lives of students. As a graduate of this program, you will have advanced skills in pedagogy, content knowledge and more confidence in your ability to:
- Improve student achievement and provide quality education to diverse students
- Create supportive and productive learning environments
- Develop a deeper understanding of the teaching and learning process
- Make a broader contribution to the profession of education
The M.Ed. also offers a highly competitive Elementary Education Resident Teacher Program, a one-year program that allows first-year teachers to earn a master's degree while teaching in their own classroom in the Grand Forks Public Schools.
Top Online Education Degree in the Nation
Every elementary education program offers education, but not every program prepares students to make a real impact the way UND does. UND is increasingly regarded as one of the top academic and research institutions in the nation for education. We consistently rank among the best for educational quality, affordability, and career outcomes.
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top online Education program.
#21 - Best online graduate education program for veterans according to U.S. News & World Report.
- All teacher education programs at UND are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) serves as a framework for the courses in demonstrating what effective teachers should know and do in order to have a positive impact on student learning.