University Counseling Center
The UCC provides professional support when life happens and your normal ways of coping or managing stress just no longer seem to be working.
The UCC offers a variety of confidential counseling services to enrolled students including:
- Short-term counseling (such as group, individual, and couples counseling)
- Walk in Services
- Substance Use Counseling
- Case Management and Referral Services
Additional services include:
- Outreach Services to the campus on a variety of subjects
- Access to Light Therapy Room
- Free Online Mental Health Assessment
The UCC serves as a training center for future practitioners.
Offering accessible and confidential mental health and substance use services to support and assist students at the University of North Dakota.
Empowering all clients to reach their fullest potential by providing a range of therapeutic interventions and growth opportunities.
The University Counseling Center is committed to supporting the Core Values of The University of North Dakota's Strategic Plan.
UCC will live out Community by:
- Serving intentionally as an accessible resource for students and the UND campus
- Increasing student awareness of opportunities and resources to engage them in UND and Greater Grand Forks community activities
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships within our team, UND and Greater Grand Forks community
UCC will live out Discovery by:
- Creating a safe place for self-exploration for the students we serve
- Adapting to the needs of our students to create relevant support and programming
- Fostering a climate of openness, respect and celebration for the aspirations and strengths of all
UCC will live out Diversity by:
- Intentionally recognizing, respecting and celebrating every persons uniqueness
- Willingness to adapt our environment and professional approach and skills to better meet a diverse client population
UCC will live out Inclusivity by:
- Empowering all through compassionate accountability by honoring strengths and growth
- Cultivating an environment of respect, acceptance and belonging
UCC will live out Lifelong Learning by:
- Nurturing relationships that stimulate and contribute to the growth of the Counseling profession
- Creating opportunities for personal and professional growth for all staff, trainees and campus community