University Counseling Center
University Counseling Center staff are currently working remotely. All services are fully operational but delivered via remote methods. Staff are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Please call 701.777.2127 to reach UCC to schedule an appointment. Staff members are available to assist for emergency on-site sessions during normal business hours. Please call 701.777.2127.
The UCC is offering secure Tele-Mental Health services.
We are dedicated to making any necessary changes, when able, to increase access to our mental health and substance use services for students at UND. We recognize that this is a challenging time for everyone. Your overall care and well-being remain our top priorities. We will continue to provide mental health and substance use services for eligible students as best as we can.
The Board Certified-TeleMental Health Provider credential identifies those professionals who are uniquely trained in best practices for delivering traditional behavioral healthcare through technological means. BC-TMH credential holders have met nationally established telemental health criteria. Please visit the UCC Staff page for provider credentials.
Tele-Mental Health Appointments
UCC is excited to announce that online scheduling for tele-mental health New Client Appointments will be available for eligible students starting 1/11/21. These appointments will be available for students enrolled in the current semester who are not actively engaged in counseling at UCC already. Students will need to be in North Dakota or Minnesota at the time of the appointment. To schedule their first UCC appointment, students can log into the UND Health Portal and select the “Appts” tab on the top left of the screen.
Current clients should call UCC at 701-777-2127 to schedule their ongoing counseling appointments.
Tele- Mental Health Appointment Instructions:
- Prior to your appointment time, log into the UND Health Portal to ensure that you are able to successfully log in. If you are unable to log in, please call UCC at 701.777.2127 so the issue can be reconciled before your appointment.
- On the home page under the “Upcoming Appointments” section, you will see your upcoming appointment with UCC. If you see a green "Forms" button indicating that you have forms to complete for this appointment, click the button and complete the required forms for your appointment. If no green “Forms” button is visible, proceed to step 3.
- Check the “Messages” tab within the UND Health Portal for a secure message containing the link to your session.
- At the time of session please enter the session by copying the Zoom link and pasting it into your web browser.
If you have not received your link within 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time or need assistance call UCC at 701.777.2127.
Zoom Issues? Get assistance.
Counseling Clinical Services
- Individual Counseling
- Emergency Counseling Sessions
- Groups and Workshops
- Personal Evaluations
- Substance Use Services:
- Prime For Life
- Alcohol and Drug Evaluations
- Level 1 Outpatient Treatment
Tele-Mental Health Counseling Services are available for UND students that are enrolled in the current semester, as listed below:
- If you reside in North Dakota or Minnesota, please call 701.777.2127 to discuss scheduling options.
- If you reside outside of North Dakota or Minnesota, please call 701.777.2127 to discuss alternative options with UCC’s Case Manager.
Ask Me is an available consultation program where UND Students can call and speak with a licensed counselor on staff to ask any basic consultative questions they might have about counseling services available at UCC. Consultation calls may be kept anonymous and no formal record of callers or consultation questions will be kept, due to the nature of the service.
The call-in hours are offered from 1 to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays during the academic semester. To utilize Ask Me services please call 701.777.0100.
To schedule an appointment with the Case Manager, please call 701.777.2127. To speak with the Case Manager directly, please call 701.777.4187.