Help in a Crisis
If you require emergency medical intervention, call 911 and arrange transportation to the nearest hospital emergency room.
During Office Hours
Crisis Sessions Available Daily at UCC
200 McCannel Hall
Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please note, these sessions are not meant to be utilized as a substitute for ongoing mental health treatment.
Outside Office Hours
701.777.2127 and press "1"
What is a Crisis?
Crisis situations include:
- Major accidents
- Missing students
- Suicidal thoughts
- Situations involving self-harm
- Psychological trauma
- Sexual violence
Other Help Resources
Counseling Center staff participates in the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) by providing 24-hour back up and consultation to team members. In addition to the University Counseling Center and BIT, the following campus and community resources are available to assist students, faculty and staff in crisis or emergency situations.
- UND Care Team: 701.777.2664 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F) 701.777.3491 (evenings and weekends)
- UND Campus Police: 701.777.3491 (24 hours)
- UND Confidential Advocate: 701.777.6550 (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F)
- UND Student Health: 701.777.4500 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F)
- CVIC at UND
- UND Title IX Resources
- Abuse and Rape Crisis Hotline: 701.746.8900 (24 hrs)
- Community Violence Intervention Center: 701.746.0405 (days) 701.749.8900 (evenings)
- Grand Forks County Social Services: 701.787.8500
- Northeast Human Service Center: 701.795.3000
- Northeast Human Service Center Crisis Line: 701.775.0525
- Grand Forks Police Department: 701.787.8000 (24 hours)
- Grand Forks Sheriff Department: 701.780.8280
- Emergency Room: 701.780.5280
- Main Switchboard: 701.780.5000
- Clinic: 701.780.6000
- Family Medicine Residency: 701.780.6800 (on UND campus)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255) (24 hrs/day)
- National Hopeline Network
- 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433)
- Text Telephone: 1.800.799.4TTY (1.800.799.4889)
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1.800.273.TALK (Press 1)
- Suicide Hotline in Spanish: 1.888.628.9454
- LGBT Youth Suicide Hotline: 1.866.4.U.TREVOR