Help in a Crisis
If you require emergency medical intervention, call 911 and arrange transportation to the nearest hospital emergency room.
The UCC provides information, support, referrals, and, if needed, will transfer your call to the UCC professional staff member on call that can provide emergency consultation.
During Office Hours
Walk-in anytime at UCC
200 McCannel Hall
Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outside Office Hours
701.777.2127 and press "1"
What is a Crisis?
Crisis situations include:
- Major accidents
- Missing students
- Sickness that interferes with attending classes
- Suicidal thoughts
- Situations involving self-harm
- Psychological trauma
- Sexual violence
Other Help Resources
Counseling Center staff participates in the UND Campus Life and Safety Team (CLAST) by providing 24-hour back up and consultation to team members. In addition to the University Counseling Center and the Campus Life and Safety Team (CLAST), the following campus and community resources are available to assist students, faculty and staff in crisis or emergency situations.
- Abuse and Rape Crisis Hotline: 701.746.8900 (24 hrs)
- Community Violence Intervention Center: 701.746.0405 (days) 701-749-8900 (evenings)
- Grand Forks County Social Services: 701.787.8500
- Northeast Human Service Center: 701.795.3000
- Northeast Human Service Center Crisis Line: 701.775.0525
- Northern Lights Behavioral Health Center: 701.777.3745
- Grand Forks Police Department: 701.787.8000 (24 hours)
- Grand Forks Sheriff Department: 701.780.8280
- Emergency Room: 701.780.5280
- Main Switchboard: 701.780.5000
- Clinic: 701.780.6000
- Family Medicine Residency: 701.780.6800 (on UND campus)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255) (24 hrs/day)
- National Hopeline Network
- 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433)
- Text Telephone: 1.800.799.4TTY (1.800.799.4889)
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1.800.273.TALK (Press 1)
- Suicide Hotline in Spanish: 1.888.628.9454
- LGBT Youth Suicide Hotline: 1.866.4.U.TREVOR