CVIC at UND
UPDATE: CVIC at UND SERVICES - July 21, 2020
The CVIC at UND office is continuing to offer services during the remote instruction period. Please contact Allison for prevention education services and workshop requests. Advocacy and supportive services are available 24/7 through the CVIC Crisis Line as well at 701.746.8900. Stay up to date on CVIC at UND services by following us on Instagram.
We bring safety, healing and hope to all.
CVIC is a community - based nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevention violence, to promote safety, and to build hope. CVIC and UND are partnering to offer advocacy services to UND students and employees who have been impacted by intimate partner violence, sexual assault, harassment, and stalking and to provide prevention education for students. All services are free and confidential.
- Information about reporting options:
- For those who choose to report the incident, if desired, the advisor will support and assist them through the reporting process and accompany them to meetings or hearings throughout the investigation.
- For those who choose not to report, the Confidential Campus Advisor will facilitate adjustments and accommodations for classes and housing if needed after experiencing trauma.
- Information about accessing campus resources:
- If you have had a traumatic experience, we can help you access resources such as no-contact directives, housing and class changes, counseling and other supportive services.
- We can advocate on your behalf and accompany you to access supportive services that with assist with the traumatic experience.
- Assistance with restraining or protective order:
- We can assist you in filing for a sexual assault restraining order or protection order related to intimate partner violence, if appropriate.
- Support for intimate partner violence:
- We provide individual and group support for those impacted by intimate partner violence.
Contact CVIC to access any of our advocacy services.
The University of North Dakota is committed to ending power-based violence and is dedicated to empowering students to do something to prevent it. CVIC at UND reinforces prevention messages, mobilizes the UND population, and engages new partners in prevention through outreach.
Outreach Topics and Opportunities
- Provide outreach and training surrounding sexual violence
- Healthy relationships
- Bystander intervention, stalking, bullying and more
- Special Events
- Take Back The Night and Clothesline Project
- Educational Booth (upon request)
- Personalized sessions
- Any group of students may request for personalized training that is interested – including fraternities or sororities, student clubs or organizations, residence hall floors, academic courses, etc.
Contact Allison, Campus Prevention and Education Specialist, to set up a workshop or outreach event.