Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
With UND's Nutrition & Foodservice Professional Training Program offered in an independent study format, you can study to be a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) without leaving your job or sacrificing time with family.
With independent study courses, you can:
- enroll anytime
- take up to 6 months to complete your course
- learn at your own pace
- complete lessons on your own schedule
- pick your preferred time and place for studying
You can work at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. And the best part...You don't have to wait to get started!
What you can expect from our course
- Offered through distance learning by the University of North Dakota since 1973.
- Approved by the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
- Prepares you to pass the CDM Credentialing Exam so you can earn your CDM, CFPP credential.
- Has one of the highest credentialing exam pass rates among all correspondence and online courses.
- Taught by expert instructors who are available to answer your questions via email.
- Complete an application and submit full payment (facility checks payable to UND or credit cards).
- Purchase the required textbook at the same time as enrolling in the course.
- Expect to spend classroom time:
- Reading your assigned reading for each lesson
- Complete the vocabulary exercises and practice quiz for each lesson
- Complete the written assignments for each lesson and submit to the instructor
- Complete all quizzes and exams online
- Completion of all lessons with an 'S' or Satisfactory grade.
- Completion of all exams with a 70% average or better.
- Complete all course requirements within the allotted timeframe.
- There are no refunds after registering for this course.
You'll also be awarded with a certificate of completion from the University of North Dakota.
Timeline to complete your course
You have 6 months to complete your course. To allow for the shipment of your course materials, your 6-month timeline starts 2 weeks after your application is processed, however you're welcome to begin as soon as your materials or email with login information arrives.
If you need more time you are eligible to purchase a 4-month extension for $100 per extension. Please visit the extensions page.
If you need more time and do not purchase an extension prior to your 6-month completion date, your course will be canceled.