Human Resource Certification Preparation Course
This course is developed in partnership with UND Office of Extended Learning and Human Resource Certification Preparation (HRCP). It is designed to provide you with the materials and content to help you become better prepared to take an HR certification exam, as well as increasing your HR knowledge in the major function areas. The course is comprised of five units:
- Unit 1: Business Management/Leadership & Strategy
- Unit 2: Talent Planning and Acquisition
- Unit 3: Learning & Development
- Unit 4: Total Rewards
- Unit 5: Employee and Labor Relations/Employee Engagement
Each unit has PowerPoint slides, interactive textbook readings, flash cards, practice tests, and a short written assignment, created by your course instructor.
What are the requirements to complete the online enroll anytime course?
You have 9 months from your enrollment date to complete the course. If you wish to receive an official Certificate of Completion, you will need to complete each Unit Test and written assignment at a 70% or higher, and complete the course evaluation. Once this achieved, a Certificate of Completion will be mailed to you at the address you provided on your course registration form. You are not required to complete all of the assignments, if you do not wish to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Do I need a textbook?
All course materials are found with the online platform. If you wish to purchase a hard copy of the course materials (in addition to your online access), you may do so at the time of registration. Your materials will be mailed to you at the address you provide on the registration form. Please allow 5-7 business days for processing and shipping.
Why Should I Become Human Resource Certified?
- Certification sets you apart as a true professional. By obtaining certification in human resources, you demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills vital to human resource management
- You gain national recognition. Once you have acquired your HR certification, you can use your earned designation on your business cards and all of your business correspondence. You are recognized as a human resource professional with sufficient experience and knowledge to pass a comprehensive certification exam based on the vast body of knowledge that comprises the human resource field.
- Certification is essential to your career. There are more than 145,000 certified HR professionals worldwide, with thousands more certifying each year. Certification is increasingly being recognized as an essential standard for human resource managers. Many companies already limit employment in human resource management positions to those who are certified professionals.
- Benefits of holding an HR certification. A recent study found that certified HR professionals often receive higher salaries, report higher career satisfaction, have greater potential for promotions, and are more likely to be employed full time in comparison with those not certified.
You may apply for the Ben & Ruth Gustafson Continuing Education Endowment at UND provided by UND Office of Extended Learning for non-traditional, distance students.