Human Resource Certification Preparation
Study for your HR Certification Exam at your own pace, on your own time, while hearing valuable input from a local instructor!
Why take the Human Resource Certification Preparation course?
You will have access to online interactive textbooks, flash cards, PowerPoint slides, test banks and sample certification exams, along with personal access to a UND instructor with 20+ years of experience working in the HR industry. This course is created using Human Resource Certification Preparation material, along with additional instructor information, input, and resources.
This course is developed in partnership with UND Office of Extended Learning and Human Resource Certification Preparation (HRCP). It is designed to provide you with the materials and content to help you become better prepared to take an HR certification exam, as well as increasing your HR knowledge in the major function areas. The course is comprised of five units:
- Unit 1: Business Management/Leadership & Strategy
- Unit 2: Talent Planning and Acquisition
- Unit 3: Learning & Development
- Unit 4: Total Rewards
- Unit 5: Employee and Labor Relations/Employee Engagement
Each unit has PowerPoint slides, interactive textbook readings, flash cards, practice tests, and a short written assignment, created by your course instructor.
The exam fee is not included in the cost of the course. Applicants must meet specific educational and work experience criteria to be eligible to sit for the certification exam. For HRCI PHR/SPHR Certification candidates, check your eligibility requirements here.
Why should I become certified?
- Certification sets you apart as a true professional. By obtaining certification in human resources, you demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills vital to human resource management
- You gain national recognition. Once you have acquired your HR certification, you can use your earned designation on your business cards and all of your business correspondence. You are recognized as a human resource professional with sufficient experience and knowledge to pass a comprehensive certification exam based on the vast body of knowledge that comprises the human resource field.
- Certification is essential to your career. There are more than 145,000 certified HR professionals worldwide, with thousands more certifying each year. Certification is increasingly being recognized as an essential standard for human resource managers. Many companies already limit employment in human resource management positions to those who are certified professionals.
- Benefits of holding an HR certification. A recent study found that certified HR professionals often receive higher salaries, report higher career satisfaction, have greater potential for promotions, and are more likely to be employed full time in comparison with those not certified.