How Independent Study Works
Independent Study Courses – Anytime, Anywhere Learning
With the University of North Dakota's online Human Resource Certification Preparation course offered in an independent study format, you can become better prepared to take an HR certification exam, as well as increase your HR knowledge in the major function areas through self-paced lessons and required readings that are designed to work around your busy schedule. You "attend class" wherever and whenever it is convenient for you!.
With independent study courses, you can:
- enroll anytime
- learn at your own pace
- complete lessons on your own schedule
- pick your preferred time and place for studying
You can work at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. And the best part...You don't have to wait to get started!
Independent Study Requires Discipline and Commitment
Before enrolling in an independent study course, ask yourself:
- Do you work well on your own or do you prefer to learn with other students?
- Are you the kind of person who sticks to schedules?
- Do you have good reading comprehension skills?
- Do you have good written communication skills?
- Are you self-motivated? Will you complete the work without anyone there to push you?