Getting Ready for Grad School
Welcome to the University of North Dakota!
As your first day approaches, there are a few things you'll need to complete. Graduate assistants, please pay particular attention to the section of information guiding you to payroll.
- Step 1: Claim your NDUS Identifier
- Your North Dakota University System (NDUS) identifier allows you to access a variety of systems including CampusConnection, Blackboard, your UND email, proxy access to the Library as well as campus wifi.
- Step 2: Complete the Financial Obligation Agreement
- The Financial Obligation Agreement must be completed in CampusConnection before enrollment in classes is allowed.
- Go to CampusConnection>Financial Obligation Agreement (under the Finances section)
- Step 3: Submit the Mandatory Immunizations & TB Screening Form
- Prior to enrolling in on-campus classes, new students must submit the Mandatory Immunizations & TB Screening Form to UND Student Health Services.
- Immunization documentation may be submitted through the UND patient portal or by filling out the form and returning it to UND Student Health Services.
- Please note that students enrolled in ONLY online or off-campus courses are not required to submit this form.
- Step 4: Enroll in your classes
- Log in to CampusConnection to enroll in your classes. For a useful step-by-step guide, view the Add Courses drop down menu on this page. Do you need a permission number? Contact your department.
- Step 5: Check your student email account
- Important notices from a variety of University offices use your official UND student email. Be sure to check it frequently for updates, announcements and other important information.
- Step 6: Get my student ID card
- For checking books from the Library, printing, computer labs, dining and store purchases, events and more.
Connect with the School of Graduate Studies
As a UND graduate student, you'll be expected to review the Graduate Student Handbook and other Forms that may be required by your department or program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Check your email! We send weekly emails with information pertinent to our graduate student community including deadlines, announcements, events and assistantship opportunities. If you are not receiving the weekly listserv, please contact gradschool@UND.edu.
Graduate Teaching, Research and Service Assistants
The following is very important for Graduate Assistants. Please read carefully.
- You must first accept your assistantship appointment by signing and returning your appointment letter
- Next, you must complete and submit I-9 form and E-Verify.
- Complete I-9 form
- E-Verify with Payroll office
Additional required training links will be sent to your email. Training will be emailed from "University of North Dakota Administrator @safecolleges.com."
Additional documents to review:
New Graduate Assistants are encouraged to contact their department prior to the start of the semester.
Your To Do List
Additionally, you may need should also:
- Pay my bills - Information is listed in CampusConnection, where you can pay online, or in person at One-Stop Student Services
- Access Blackboard
- Search the Chester Fritz Library
- Visit University Bookstore - find books, technology, gifts, apparel and supplies at the bookstore
- Get a parking permit
Dates & Deadlines
- University Dates and Deadlines (includes dates for Registrar, Student Account Services & Student Financial Aid)
- University Academic Calendar
Get to Know UND
- One-Stop Student Services
- Health & Wellness
- Veteran & Nontraditional Student Services
- UND Technical Support
- International Center
- American Indian Center
- Writing Center (in person or online help)