Admitted Student Checklist
As your first day approaches, there are a few things you'll need to prepare.
Graduate assistants, please pay particular attention to the section of information guiding you to payroll.
Preparing for Grad School Checklist
It is important to complete these steps in this exact order.
- Claim your NDUS Account
- Your North Dakota University System (NDUS) identifier allows you to access a variety of systems including CampusConnection, Blackboard, UND email, proxy access to the library, and WiFi.
- Complete the Financial Obligation Agreement
- The Financial Obligation Agreement must be completed in CampusConnection before enrollment in classes is allowed.
- Go to CampusConnection Financial Obligation Agreement (under the Finances section).
- Submit the Mandatory Immunizations TB Screening Form
- Prior to enrolling in classes, you must submit the Mandatory Immunizations TB Screening Form to UND Student Health Services.
- Complete Orientation
- Log in to the completely online, self-paced Orientation program with your UND username and password.
- Enroll in your classes
- For degree seeking students, contact your advisor to make a plan for course registration. Your advisor's name and email is listed in your admissions letter.
- Log in to CampusConnection to enroll in your classes. For a step-by-step guide, view the Add Courses drop down menu. Contact your department if you need a permission number.
- Check your UND email
- A variety of University offices use your official UND student email. Be sure to check it frequently for updates, announcements and other important information.
- Get your student ID card
- You need an ID for checking out books from the library, printing, using computer labs, dining, store purchases, attending events and more.
Additionally, you may need to do the following:
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA.
- Pay bills. Your costs are listed in Campus Connection.
- Access Blackboard to find your UND class information.
- Visit the University Bookstore to find books, technology, apparel and supplies.
- On-campus students should purchase a parking permit.
- Online students must be prepared to meet the technical requirements for online programs.
- Save important dates, deadlines and breaks to your calendar.
Connect with the School of Graduate Studies
As a UND graduate student, you'll be expected to review the Guide to Graduation and other forms that may be required by your department or program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Check your email! We send weekly emails with information pertinent to our graduate student community including deadlines, announcements, events and assistantship opportunities. If you are not receiving the weekly listserv, please contact gradschool@UND.edu.
Graduate Teaching, Research and Service Assistants
New Graduate Assistants are encouraged to contact their department prior to the start of the semester. The following is very important for Graduate Assistants. Please read carefully.
- You must first accept your assistantship appointment by signing and returning your appointment letter.
- Next, you must complete and submit I-9 form and E-Verify with UND Human Resources.
Additional required training links will be sent to your email. Training will be emailed from "University of North Dakota Administrator" at Vector Solutions Training.
Additional documents to review:
Connect with classmates and find out what’s happening at UND.
- Download the My UND app. Opt into the communication channels that interest you.
- Follow @UNDstudentlife on Instagram.
- Add your cell phone to Campus Connection to receive student life text messages.
- Join your Facebook Group and ask questions of fellow UND students.
- Read the Dakota Student newspaper.
- Tag your social media posts with #UNDproud and see yourself on the UND home page.