Family Centered Engagement
ND Family Centered Engagement Referral Worker Training
Family Centered Engagement Meetings are a facilitated team process that include participation from parents, extended family, children/youth, services providers, child welfare staff, and juvenile court staff to make critical decisions regarding the safety and well-being of the child/youth to achieve the safest and least restrictive outcomes that are in the best interest of the child/youth.
The three overarching goals of FCE are to:
- Reduce the number of children entering foster care (this includes keeping the Dual status youth from going deeper into the juvenile justice system)
- Increase the number of children remaining safely in their own homes, and
- For children who are removed, to increase the number who are placed with relatives/kin.
After this training, viewers will leave with an understanding of:
- The GOAL of Family Centered Engagment (FCE)
- Eligible children/youth and the timelines for submitting referrals
- Understanding your role during FCE meetings
- What happens during FCE meetings and the key decisions made
- What happens after the meeting
Training Session Resources
- FCE Training PowerPoint Handout
- Family Centered Engagement (FCE) Hard Card
- Family Centered Engagement Referral Form (updated 07.2022)
- FCE FAQs (06.07.22)
Other FCE Resources
The following training was recorded live on June 2nd, 2022.