ND Quality Assurance
2024 QA Case Review Information
The goal of the child welfare system is to promote, safeguard, and protect the overall well-being of the children, to intervene on behalf of the abused and neglected children, and to work with children and families to ensure that every child has a permanent, safe, and nurturing environment in which to achieve their maximum potential. ND Children and Family Services (CFS) employ the Quality Assurance (QA) Unit to complete QA Case Reviews as one tool to ensure child welfare services achieve these outcomes and to support the state's ongoing quality improvement efforts. The information from the reviews is used to identify how the state's child welfare system is functioning, not about any one individual worker or agency.
This page contains information for agencies participating in a 2024 QA Case Review to prepare for the review and know what to expect when the case is actually reviewed. QA Case Reviews are held on a quarterly basis and the first quarter of 2024 (January-March) is referred to 24A.
24A Case Review Highlights
- Case sample Period: 01.01.23 to 06.30.23
- Period under review (PUR): 01.01.23-Date the case is reviewed
- Case sample outreach begins: 11.27.23
- Case sample secured target date: 12.15.2023
- 24A QA Case Review begins: 01.08.24
- 14 Foster Care cases & 9 In Home cases will be reviewed
- 24A Schedule Details & Case File Upload Due Dates
Case Sampling Outreach
The case sampling outreach begins November 27, 2023. Please review the Statewide Orientation Message to the Field (PDF) posted below for further details.
- Foster Care Case File Checklist
- In Home Case File Checklist
- Genogram Resource
- Key Case Participant Interview Guide
Case Preparation Documents
*Most Case Preparation Documents are encouraged, but not required.
- CPS Case Narrative-SFN 993
- Foster Care Case Narrative-SFN 995 UPDATED 11.23
- Foster Care Supervisory Questionnaire-SFN 997
- In Home Services Case Narrative-SFN 996
- In Home Supervisory Questionnaire-SFN 998
- Adoption Summary-SFN 992 **Required for Applicable Cases** UPDATED 11.23
Other Helpful Documents
Any Quality Assurance questions should be directed to the North Dakota Children and Family Services Quality Assurance Unit by email to: email@example.com