Student Employee Appreciation Week
Each year, colleges and universities celebrate the contributions student employees make in the work place.
At UND, over 4,500 students are employed by the University, playing a key role in our education, research, and operational excellence.
Our student employees perform invaluable services with enthusiasm, dedication and initiative. We depend on this workforce for our daily operations, so let’s celebrate them and take this opportunity to plan activities for the entire week, several days, or just one day.
Have some fun with this, use your imagination … a simple THANK YOU for all they do will go a long way!
April 1-5, 2019
The 2019 Student Employee Appreciation Lunch is tentatively scheduled for Monday, April 1, from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Check out some creative ideas for
- small treats
- working EXTRA hard gum cut-out
- a Formal Certificate of Appreciation
- notes of gratitude
- a Rock Star Certificate of Appreciation
In addition, consider:
- Throwing a pizza party, having a pot-luck, or a build-your-own sundae bar
- Decorating your students door or office/work space
- Taking your employees out to lunch
- Asking staff members to take turns bringing treats each day of Student Employee Appreciation Week
- Filling goodie bags with a bottle of water or soda, packs of crackers, popcorn, candy, etc.
- Honoring your student employees with a round of applause in your staff meeting
- Creating silly awards: best telephone voice, best at making copies, best errand runner, etc.
- Having a secret pal that does little things for them throughout the week
- Sending a handwritten thank you note, letting them know how much you appreciate all they do
- Taking a picture of each of your student employees and posting on a bulletin board in the break room, and write why you are thankful for each one
- Taking a few minutes to say thank you!