Online Electrical Engineering Degree
Study at one of the Top 10 online Electrical Engineering degree programs in the nation.
Best Online Electrical Engineering Degree
One of the reasons UND is consistently ranked so highly is because we’ve been educating engineering students at a distance for nearly 40 years. We are a great value – offering one of the most affordable online Electrical Engineering degrees in the nation. All online students pay the same tuition regardless of their residency. Plus, the program can be completed entirely online. Even the laboratory requirements can be done remotely by purchasing lab kits.
With asynchronous classes, you do not attend class at a set time. If you need to balance work, family, and other commitments, this flexible format allows you to learn anywhere at any time.
Depending on your instructor, you’ll learn online through:
- Lesson modules
- Streaming video content
- Virtual libraries
- Posted lectures
- Online simulations
There will be times when you interact with your instructor and classmates through online discussion boards, polls, and chat rooms.
Your learning revolves around materials that can be accessed on your own time within a set time frame. However, this is not a self-paced course. You’ll have structure and deadlines.
All engineering online courses follow the UND semester-based schedule noted in the academic calendar. Some online courses may have optional opportunities for live Zoom class lectures instead of watching pre-recorded lecture videos which all online courses have available.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
- 24/7 technical support. UND provides free computer, email and other technical support for all online students.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)
"You are not going to find [these online classes] accredited anywhere else. UND made such an effort to put infrastructure in place. There is a resource for everything. People are so helpful."
The Society of Distance Engineering Students is a club just for online engineering students. You'll connect with online and on-campus students to study and collaborate - uninhibited by the physical distance between you.