Online General Studies Bachelor Degree
Earn your general studies bachelor's degree online at UND.
Online General Studies Bachelor Degree
UND's online general studies degree can be completed 100% online. You are never required to come to campus. You can complete your degree at your own pace or on a semester schedule.
Enroll Anytime Online General Studies Courses
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These courses are self-paced, so you can work at your own pace and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course. Courses are not eligible for financial aid.
Semester-Based Online Courses
With semester-based, online courses from the University of North Dakota, you can:
- Interact with your instructor and other students through a virtual classroom
- Complete your coursework from anywhere
- Access course materials and assignments using Web-based tools
- Review materials as many times as necessary to learn the information
- Pick your preferred time and place for studying
You'll have access to your online course (including the syllabus, lessons, exam information, etc.) by the first day of the semester. Keep in mind that if you register after the semester has started, you will have access to your online course within 2 business days of registering.
Are you ready to complete your online General Studies bachelor degree?
Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself:
- Do you work well on your own or do you prefer to be in a classroom with other students?
- Are you the kind of person who sticks to schedules?
- Do you have good reading comprehension skills?
- Do you have good written communication skills?
- Are you self-motivated?
- Will you complete the work without anyone there to push you?
Keep in mind, just because you're learning online, it doesn't mean that you're learning alone!
- Your instructors are available to help you via email or phone.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with other students through Web-based communication tools.
- You will have access to UND's online tutoring service to help you with a variety of subjects.
Affordable Online Colleges
UND is one of the most affordable online colleges in the region. For this program, we offer in-state tuition rates regardless of your legal residency. Compare and you’ll see UND is lower cost than similar four-year doctoral universities.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)