Declaring the Pre-Med Program
Protocols for declaring the Pre-Medicine Program at UND are as follows:
A. New UND students must:
- Apply and be admitted to UND
- Follow the New Student Transition Program
- Transfer students should contact the A&S Office of Advising and Academic Success to declare Pre-Medicine and be assigned a Health Sciences advisor (no further action required by new freshmen)
B. Currently enrolled on-campus students must:
- Request to join the Pre-Medicine Program via the Change of Major Request Form
- You will be automatically declared Pre-Medicine and should see the change in Campus Connection within 48 business hours
For more information on the Pre-Medicine Program, visit the Pre-Health website.
Only UND students are eligible to join the Pre-Medicine Program. If you are currently attending and planning to graduate from an undergraduate institution other than UND and would like information specifically about the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences M.D. Program, please contact the UND SMHS Office of Admissions and Student Affairs.
Pre-health programs are not majors or minors and do not lead to a degree from UND. In order to graduate with a degree from UND, you must:
- Choose a major and complete the specific requirements of that major as determined by the department responsible for that major.
- Complete UND's Essential Studies requirements.
- Complete 120 semester credits (36 of which must be upper divisional, i.e., from courses numbered 300 or higher).