Graduate Student Travel Funds
The Division of Research & Economic Development, including the ND EPSCoR office, has limited funds available to partially support the travel of graduate students who are presenting original research/creative activities at conferences and meetings.
In order to qualify for this support, students must be presenting their work in the form of an oral platform presentation or a poster presentation at a recognized meeting in their field of creative activity. In addition, applicants must first seek funding from department and college sources and include the additional funding sources and amounts on the application form.
Note: Funding requests are limited to one request per award year (August 16 through August 15) up to $500 per student (to include the School of Graduate Studies Doctoral Conference Travel Support). In addition, match funding from the college and/or department of study is required. Since funds are limited, the Vice President for Research & Economic Development may distribute funds across departments/colleges as necessary.
(Funding requests will only be considered at these times and must be in advance of the event.)
- Fall Semester: Sept. 1 (For travel from Aug. 16 through Dec. 31)
- Spring Semester: Feb. 1 (For travel from Jan. 1 through May 15)
- Summer Session: May 15 (For travel from May 16 through August 15)
- Download the Graduate Student Travel Funding Application and fill it out completely.
- Obtain the necessary signatures.
- Attach the notice of acceptance.
- Submit the application to the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development by the applicable deadline date.
Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development
UND Tech Accelerator, Suite 2050
4201 James Drive Stop 8367
Grand Forks ND 58202-8367
Additional student travel funding opportunities may be available through the UND School of Graduate Studies.