Behavioral Health Initiative
Aligning with partners across the state to support applied research to advance best and promising practices in prevention, treatment and recovery of mental health and substance abuse disorders.
Through collaboration and cross-disciplinary work, the Initiative aligns with the University of North Dakota’s strategic plan, UND Leads. This initiative supports creativity, research, and innovation to prepare students to support the workforce needs in behavioral health. The Initiative specifically supports the efforts of the UND’s Grand Challenge in Rural Health and Communities.
Vision & Mission
Serve as a national leader in addressing rural behavioral health workforce needs, research, training, outreach, and service. Assist in addressing behavioral health needs of people in North Dakota and beyond through partnerships and collaborations that support strong outcomes in prevention, treatment, and recovery.
Behavioral Health Initiative Goals
- Work collaboratively to expand and prepare the future workforce in behavioral health.
- Expand the body of applied research and evaluation on behavioral health.
- Expand educational and training opportunities to health and behavioral health providers in North Dakota and beyond to support behavioral health services.
- Advance outreach and service activities that promote best and promising practices to ensure strong outcomes.
- Support research and service efforts to debunk the stigma of behavioral health disorders.