Disability Services for Students
All persons entering DSS are asked to wear face coverings. If you do not wish to wear one, please contact us by phone at 701.777.2664 or by email UND.dss@UND.edu and someone in the office will assist you.
UND provides qualified students with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in all UND programs and activities.
DSS Resources for Students
Emails from UND.dss@UND.edu regarding the status of your application may filter to your spam or junk folder. Please check your email regularly for updates from DSS
Use these links for commonly accessed services:
- Apply for Disability Services
- Schedule an Accommodation Test
- Find Accessible Technologies
- Log into Read & Write Software
Services Provided by DSS
UND's Disability Service for Students (DSS) works in partnership with students, faculty and staff to:
- Facilitate disability accommodations
- Promote inclusive campus environments
- Encourage student independence
Students with disabilities can explore:
- Process for requesting accommodations
- Which accommodations are reasonable in higher education
- How and when to disclose a disability
Scholarships for DSS Students
Scholarship opportunities are available to incoming freshmen, new transfer students and currently enrolled UND students with disabilities.
Disability Accommodation Rights
Accommodation rights are provided to students with disabilities in alignment with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. In order to arrange accommodations, students disclose their disabilities to UND Disability Services for Students, request accommodations and provide documentation to establish a logical link between the accommodation and the disability.