Housing Improvement Project
Committed to providing quality facilities by making improvements that will enhance the on-campus living experience.
In order to make improvements, some residence halls will need to be completely knocked down and replaced with new facilities. Other buildings will be renovated to upgrade the plumbing, wiring, walls, and other core parts of the building.
The exact project scope has not yet been finalized, but this is the most up-to-date information as of May 5, 2021:
- Demolition of McVey Hall and construction of a replacement McVey Hall to open in Fall 2023
- Demolition of West Hall and construction of a replacement West Hall to open in Fall 2023
- Extensive renovation of Brannon Hall to open in Fall 2022
- Construction of a pedestrian bridge from Wilkerson complex housing parking lot across English Coulee to connect to Princeton parking lot
- Noren and Selke safety improvements planned in near future
Updates about the Housing Improvement Project can be found on the UND Campus Renewal & Construction Updates Blog.