Resident Director Position
Serve in a leadership role serving 200-500 residents, while supervising 10-20 Resident Assistants and 1-2 Community Assistants.
Join a team of 3-6 Resident Directors working to create positive communities that facilitate learning, balance, and engaging co-curricular student life. Our team is passionate about giving back to students and making their time living on campus memorable.
About the Job
- Salary starting at $36,500.
- Furnished apartment including all utilities, cable, and internet.
- Meal plan.
- Tuition assistance options are available for employees and the spouse and dependents of the employee.
- Fully-paid health insurance premiums for both single or family plans.
- In addition to full medical insurance, UND offers dental, vision, life, and more insurance options.
- While retirement plan options vary, UND helps to set up their employees for a lifetime of financial success.
- Work-life balance is important. At UND, faculty and staff are given ample opportunities to make sure the right balance of work and leave is found.
*5% pay increase after positive completion of a 6-month probationary period
Reporting to the Associate Director of Residence Life, Resident Directors:
- Assume a visible leadership role in the development of positive residential communities serving approximately 200-500 single student housing residents in 1-3 buildings.
- Expected to provide effective supervision of 1-2 Community Assistant(s) and approximately 10-20 Resident Assistants.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of student-centered services
learning outcome-based programming, building security facilities management, budget management, student
conduct processes, emergency response, and general administrative duties.
- Engage in collaborative working relationships with other Housing staff as well as other campus departments.
- Administer collateral projects or programs in support of departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Undergraduate or graduate experience in a related position serving university students (Housing & Residence Life, Student Activities, Student Government, Judicial Affairs, Resident Assistant, etc.)
- Must demonstrate leadership, management, and supervisory skills, and be able to communicate effectively and professionally with students, staff, parents, and other constituents
Housing & Residence Life staff members are passionate about creating positive communities that facilitate learning, balance, and engaging co-curricular student life. Great things happen when a strong sense of community takes hold!
Students have lived on-campus since the University's founding in 1883. Although the physical buildings and technology have changed over the years, UND's dedication to a student's living experience remains.
We have three different categories of living options on-campus; Residence Halls, Apartment-Style Housing, and On-Campus Apartments. We're currently working on completing our Housing Improvement Project, which includes updating a residence hall, and building 2 brand-new halls on campus! The buildings will all be open within the next year!
McVey Resident Director Apartment
McVey Hall's Resident Director apartment features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a washer and dryer in the unit.
Why Grand Forks?
Grand Forks Highlights
- Located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, UND is right at home in this vibrant college town of 62,000 people located on the border of North Dakota and Minnesota.
- With prairies to the west and lakes to the east, Grand Forks is ranked one of the most livable cities in the country.
- Our tight-knit community is the #1 reason U.S. News ranks North Dakota as the state offering the best quality of life.
Awards & Accolades
- Named Top 5 Best College Towns in the U.S. | Schools.com & USA Today
- Among Top 100 Best Places to Live | Livability
- America’s Best Hockey Town | SmartAsset (5 years in a row)
- Most Secure U.S. Places | Farmers Insurance
- Best College in ND for LGBTQ+ Students | Best Colleges