Office of the President
Dr. Andrew Armacost was chosen by the State Board of Higher Education to serve as the University of North Dakota’s 13th president. Armacost officially began his tenure as UND President on June 1, 2020.
Armacost recently completed his service as the Dean of the Faculty at the U.S. Air Force Academy. With more than 30 years on active duty and 20 years at the Academy, Armacost served in the rank of Brigadier General as the chief academic officer for this nationally renowned institution.
As the UND President, Armacost:
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
- Works with senior administration to develop, shape and sustain the vision and mission of the University.
- Carries out approved policies and regulations governing the University.
- Promotes the intellectual, physical and fiscal health of the University.
- Leads our efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and to promote the health and safety of our staff, faculty, and students, while ensuring UND delivers vibrant educational programs.
President Armacost's leadership philosophy includes five ways in which we can come together as a campus and community.
- Love your people and take good care of them
- We are always here for our students
- Learning and discovery of new knowledge should happen with a sense of wonderment and humility
- Everyone is great at something
- Treat everyone at our campus and our community with dignity and respect
My philosophy is to love your people. Take care of them, involve them and offer an opportunity for growth.President Armacost
The Task Force on the Future of Education at UND invites faculty, staff, students and community members to provide feedback on its final recommendations.
Latest News from the President
Subscribe to UND Today, the official news source for the University of North Dakota.
The University of North Dakota was founded by people who wanted to make a difference - to better their lives and the lives of others. UND LEADS builds on this legacy and reflects the wisdom and dreams of our entire UND community. t's five strategic pillars, Learning, Equity, Affinity, Discovery and Service, will be UND's foundation for years to come.