Office of the President
Dr. Andrew Armacost was chosen by the State Board of Higher Education to serve as the University of North Dakota’s 13th president. Armacost officially began his tenure as UND President on June 1, 2020.
Armacost recently completed his service as the Dean of the Faculty at the U.S. Air Force Academy. With more than 30 years on active duty and 20 years at the Academy, Armacost served in the rank of Brigadier General as the chief academic officer for this nationally renowned institution.
As the UND President, Armacost:
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
- Works with senior administration to develop, shape and sustain the vision and mission of the University.
- Carries out approved policies and regulations governing the University.
- Promotes the intellectual, physical and fiscal health of the University.
- Leads our efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and to promote the health and safety of our staff, faculty, and students, while ensuring UND delivers vibrant educational programs.
Please join the live stream inauguration ceremony for UND's thirteenth president, Andrew P. Armacost.
Monday, October 5 | 2 p.m.
My philosophy is to love your people. Take care of them, involve them and offer an opportunity for growth.President Armacost
Latest News from the President
Subscribe to UND Today, the official news source for the University of North Dakota.