Elements of Accounting II Online Course
- ACCT 200: Elements of Accoutning I, or ACCT 275: Accounting for Pre-MBA
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About Elements of Accounting II Online Course
This course studies the principles needed to complete the accounting cycle for a business, with special emphasis on partnership, corporate accounting, and the uses of accounting information by managers.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. The course is organized in 3 units and covers chapters 1-16 in the textbook. Each unit covers 5 or 6 chapters and has an exam. Each chapter requires reading, Smartbook, homework and a quiz. The assignments are completed on McGraw Hill Connect. The 3 exams are conducted on Connect and are proctored using McGraw Hill Connect Proctoria as the proctoring method.
Unit 1: Chapters 1-5
- Lesson 1 Chapter 1: Managerial Accounting and Cost Concepts
- Lesson 2 Chapter 2: Job Order Costing: Calculating Unit Product Costs
- Lesson 3 Chapter 3: Job Order Costing: Cost Flows and External Reporting
- Lesson 4 Chapter 4: Process Costing
- Lesson 5 Chapter 5: Cost Volume Profit Relationships
- Lesson 6 Unit 1 Journal
- Lesson 7 Exam 1 Chapters 1-5
Unit 2: Chapters 6-10
- Lesson 8 Chapter 6: Variable Costing and Segment Reporting: Tools for Management
- Lesson 9 Chapter 7: Activity Based Costing: A Tool to Aid Decision Making
- Lesson 10 Chapter 8: Master Budgeting
- Lesson 11 Chapter 9: Flexible Budgets and Performance Analysis
- Lesson 12 Chapter 10: Standard Costs and Variances
- Lesson 13 Unit 2 Journal
- Lesson 14 Exam 2 Chapters 6-10
Unit 3: Chapters 11-16
- Lesson 15 Chapter 11: Responsibility Accounting Systems
- Lesson 16 Chapter 12: Strategic Performance Measurement
- Lesson 17 Chapter 13: Differential Analysis: The Key to Decision Making
- Lesson 18 Chapter 14: Capital Budgeting Decisions
- Lesson 19 Chapter 15: Statement of Cash Flows
- Lesson 20 Chapter 16: Financial Statement Analysis
- Lesson 21 Unit 3 Journal
- Lesson 22 Exam 3 Chapters 11-16
Required Textbook and Materials
Managerial Accounting, 17th Edition, Garrison, McGraw Hill
- Loose-leaf textbook and online connect access: ISBN 9781265896829
- Or, e-book and online connect access: ISBN 9781265902445
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.