How Enroll Anytime Courses Work
Are you ready to get started?
How to Enroll in Self-Paced Enroll Anytime Courses
Step 1: Gather Required Materials
Before you register for the course:
- Ensure you have already completed the required prerequisites. You will need the institution name and date you completed the prerequisite. You won't submit verification immediately; we will request it later.
- Have your payment ready. If you are paying with a check, have the funding source ready to mail as soon as you submit your registration.
Step 2: Register for a Course
- Each course has its own webpage. Visit the specific course webpage to learn more about a course. Browse the Self-Paced Enroll Anytime course list.
- Click the Register Now button on the course webpage to access the Shopping Cart system.
- If you already have an account for this Shopping Cart system, please log in. If you do not have an account, you need to create a profile.
- Add the course to your shopping cart and checkout. The questions asked during account creation and registration serve as your application to be a non-degree seeking student at UND. You may take up to 24 credits at UND as a non-degree undergraduate student and 9 credits at UND as a non-degree Graduate student.
- Within an hour of submitting your registration, you will receive an email confirming your order along with a receipt of payment.
- If you choose to pay with a check, an invoice will be included as part of your confirmation email. Please mail the check to the address listed in the confirmation email as soon as possible.
Once your registration is submitted, the registration team will review it to make sure any co- or prerequisites are met.
- If a transcript is required to verify a co- or prerequisite, we will contact you via email to request it. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- If you need to take the Math Placement exam, information on how to take the exam will be emailed to you within a few days of submitting your course registration. If for some reason you don’t obtain the required score, your tuition will be refunded. The $35 application fee is non-refundable.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to show proof of English proficiency in order to enroll in any UND course. After you register for the course, an email will be sent with instructions on how to verify English proficiency. See the International Student Requirements to learn more about the English proficiency requirement.
You will receive a welcome email containing your UND email address and course login instructions. It typically takes 5 to 7 business days to gain access to your course once you submit your registration and prerequisite verification, if requested.
Step 4: Access Your Online Course
You will access your online course through Blackboard. Once logged into Blackboard, you will see your course displayed under My Courses. Click on the Syllabus or Course Information button located on the menu to your left for information about getting started in your course.
Order the required course materials, if needed. Refer to the course website or the syllabus for a list of required materials. If textbooks and materials are required, you should order them at the same time you enroll so you may begin your course promptly.
The cost of textbooks and other required materials are not included in your course tuition. You may order your textbooks through the textbook provider of your choice, or through the University Bookstore by searching with the ISBN.
Step 6: Graduate Students Only
If this is your first graduate course (500 level and up) at UND, you need to pay a $15 New Graduate Student Fee, payable through Campus Connection.
- Students are expected to use their official UND email in the course.
- You may submit up to 3 items for grading per week, unless otherwise specified by your instructor.
- Lessons and exams should be completed in consecutive, numerical order.
- All lessons must be submitted in order to earn a grade. An “F” grade will be permanently recorded on your transcript if you do not complete ALL coursework or withdraw by your course end date.
- If you need to complete a course by a specific deadline, make sure all course work is completed and graded at least 3 weeks before that specific deadline date.
- After you finish your course, your final grade will be posted in Blackboard. Please allow 3-5 business days for your final grade to appear on your transcript in Campus Connection. You will receive a confirmation email from UND once the final grade has been posted on your transcript. You may then order an official transcript, if desired.
- If you require more time to finish your course, you can purchase a one-time 3-month extension. This extension is available when your initial nine months is almost over.
Student Support & Accommodations
Your academic success is important to us. In addition to the tools already available in your course, here are a few more resources you can use:
- Student Resources: Free online student resources like tutoring, writing help, library resources, veteran and military student services, and financial services are available to help you succeed in your online course.
- Technical Support: UND provides computer, email and technical support for all online students. Although specific technical requirements may vary by online course or program, the following general technical requirements are required for all online courses.
- Accommodations: If you need an accommodation that isn’t already present in the course, please contact Community Standards & Accessibility to engage in a confidential discussion about accommodations for the classroom, clinical
and/or online course settings. Accommodations are not provided retroactively. Students
are encouraged to register with Community Standards & Accessibility at the start of
their class/program. More information can be obtained by email UND.accessibilityforstudents@UND.edu or by phone at 701.777.2664.
If you receive an exam accommodation, share the letter with the Office of Extended Learning at UND.courses@UND.edu.
Once you complete your course, your final grade will be posted in Blackboard. Please allow 3-5 business days for your final grade to be added to your transcript in Campus Connection. UND will send you a confirmation email once the final grade has been officially posted on your transcript. If you need an official transcript, you can order one at that time.
When you take a Self-Paced Enroll Anytime course at UND, it will appear on your transcript in the same way as a course taken during a regular semester. There is no indication that the course was taken online or that you completed it at your own pace. Once you finish the course, the final grade will be posted on your UND transcript. You may then order an official transcript to send to other schools, if desired.
The credits you earn for your course will be recorded on your UND transcript based on the date you registered for the course. UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the online course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
|Appears on College Transcript||Enroll Anytime Registration Dates|
|2023 Fall Semester||July 15, 2023 to November 9, 2023|
|2024 Spring Semester||November 10, 2023 to April 5, 2024|
|2024 Summer Semester||April 6, 2024 to July 12, 2024|
|2024 Fall Semester||July 13, 2024 to November 15, 2024|
If you are a UND student on academic probation and only taking self-paced enroll anytime courses, you are required to successfully complete at least one of your enroll anytime courses in the same semester you registered per UND’s probation policy regarding term GPA. It is very important to work with your academic advisor before enrolling in self-paced enroll anytime courses to discuss the effects this may have on your degree plan and probationary status.