Business Law Online Course
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About Business Law Online Course
The course is an introduction to the concepts underlying the legal environment of business in today’s society. Students must be able to:
- identify issues pertaining to a particular discipline;
- recognize potential problems before they become actualized and costly;
- know when they need to consult an expert and when they do not;
- understand the language, practices, and methods of reasoning and problem solving in the discipline so that the expert can be used effectively and efficiently;
- have sufficient legal insight into the discipline so that the service and advice of the expert can be knowledgeably evaluated and incorporated into the firm’s decision making process.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading.
The course content is organized in 3 units consisting of 7 or 8 chapters each. Each chapter contains learning objectives, a to-do list, resources such as PowerPoints, recorded lectures, and reading materials. Journals, quizzes, tests and Mindtap assignments are used to assess your comprehension and application of those materials. There is an exam at the end of each unit. The exams are proctored using ProctorU’s Auto with Review.
Unit 1: Chapters 1-5, 7
- Lesson 1 Chapter 1: Law and Legal Reasoning
- Lesson 2 Chapter 2: Constitutional Law
- Lesson 3 Chapter 3: Ethics in Business
- Lesson 4 Chapter 4: Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Lesson 5 Chapter 5: Tort Law
- Lesson 6 Chapter 7: Intellectual Property Rights
- Lesson 7 Unit 1 Journal
- Lesson 8 Exam 1, Chapters 1-5, 7
Unit 2: Chapters 9-14
- Lesson 9 Chapter 9: Criminal Law and Cyber Crime
- Lesson 10 Chapter 10: Nature and Classification
- Lesson 11 Chapter 11: Agreement
- Lesson 12 Chapter 12: Consideration
- Lesson 13 Chapter 13: Capacity and Legality
- Lesson 14 Chapter 14: Voluntary Consent
- Lesson 15 Unit 2 Journal
- Lesson 16 Exam 2, Chapters 9-14
Unit 3: Chapters 15-18, 23, 28
- Lesson 17 Chapter 15: The Statute of Frauds
- Lesson 18 Chapter 16: Performance and Discharge
- Lesson 19 Chapter 17: Breach and Remedies
- Lesson 20 Chapter 18: Third Party Rights
- Lesson 21 Chapter 23: International and Space Law
- Lesson 22 Chapter 28: Employment, Immigration and Labor Law
- Lesson 23 Unit 3 Journal
- Lesson 24 Exam 3, Chapters 15-18, 23, 28
Unit 4: Chapters 29, 38, 39, 41, 42
- Lesson 25 Chapter 29: Employment Discrimination
- Lesson 26 Chapter 38: Antitrust Law and Promoting Competition
- Lesson 27 Chapter 39: Consumer and Environmental Law
- Lesson 28 Chapter 41: Personal Property and Bailments
- Lesson 29 Chapter 42: Real Property and Landlord Tenant Law
- Lesson 30 Unit 4 Journal
- Lesson 31 Exam 4, Chapters 29, 38, 39, 41, 42
Required Textbook and Materials
Miller, Business Law Today, (Comprehensive 12th Edition, Cengage) with MindTap. ISBN 9780357038024
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.