Introduction to Criminal Justice Online Course
This criminal justice online course is designed for the beginning student in law enforcement, criminology, corrections, sociology, social welfare, government and pre-law.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Why take Introduction to Criminal Justice online?
This is an introductory-level online course designed to provide students with an overview of the American criminal justice system. For example, the text discusses the history, development and contemporary status of the police, the courts, and correctional agencies.
Topics of discussion will include, but are not limited to:
- perspectives on justice
- a closer look at how crime is defined
- crime theory
- the history of police
- the police organization
- the criminal court process
- the procedures following arrest
What is required to take this online course?
Siegel, L & Worrall, J. "Introduction to Criminal Justice, Fifteenth Ed." (2016), Boston: Cengage Learning. ISBN: 978-1-305-26104-4
How long will it take to complete the Introduction to Criminal Justice course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 13 Lessons
- 2 Proctored Exams
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.