Introduction to Communication
This online course provides an introduction to the discipline of communication.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $370.08 per credit
What You'll Learn
This online course surveys a broad range of communication sub-disciplines, including:
- Social media
- Strategic communication
- Human interactions
- Communication technology
- Media and communication policies
- Digital media production
Human Communication in Society (4th Edition)
- ISBN-13: 978-0133754001
- ISBN-10: 0133754006
You do NOT need to purchase the “online access” or an “access code” for the Introduction to Communication online course.
What can I expect from Introduction to Communication?
This online course contains a variety of activities. Each lesson is a bit different, and includes one or more of these assessments:
- For each chapter in the book, there is a quiz. Proctors are not required in this course.
- The goal of thes Out of the Classroom assignments is to provide an opportunity for you to learn beyond the textbook. From writing obituaries to creating snapchat filters, these assignments provide unique learning experience.
- The small and short Topic Feedback assignments allow you to think about a topic from our book a little bit more. Some of these assignments may require you to make lists while others you may need to draw a picture! Through these assignments, you are encouraged to express your personal thoughts.
- After watching videos for the chapter, you will formulate a reaction towards the video. With this reaction, you are required to use at least one quote from the book or video and provide an APA citation for the video. These video reactions provide you with an opportunity to show how to ethically use, document and integrate sources.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.