Public Speaking Online Course
Gain more confidence to speak in public in this online course.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $355.85/credit until July 16 | $370.08/credit starting July 17, 2021
What You'll Learn in the Online Public Speaking Course?
Public speaking is one of the most important forms of communication. To deliver an effective speech, it is important that you command the audience’s attention and present yourself as a competent and credible speaker.
In this online course you'll learn about the theory and practice of public speaking. We'll place a special emphasis on content, organization, language, delivery, and critical evaluation of messages. Additional emphasis is placed on student performance stressing original thinking, effective organization and direct communication of ideas.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 10 lessons, which includes 2 open-book exams.
Meet Your Public Speaking Instructor
What's Required for This Public Speaking Course?
- O’Hair, D., Rubenstein, H., & Stewart, R. A Pocket Guide to Public Speaking (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Bedford/St. Martin’s ISBN: 978-1319102784
- Haslerud Opp, M., Cary, A., & Kartoshkina, Y. (2016). University of North Dakota Communication Program COMM 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking Workbook (26th ed.). This workbook is available as a free download within the course.
- Students need to assemble a three-person live audience for each speech.
- To film speeches, students may use a web-camera accessible computer, a mobile device camera, or other camera that can capture video and be uploaded to the course website.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.