Fundamentals of Public Speaking online course
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These online courses for credit are self-paced, so it's convenient for you to work on your own time and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take an online public speaking course?
Public speaking is one of the most important forms of communication. To deliver an effective speech, it is important that you command the audience’s attention and present yourself as a competent and credible speaker. The goal is for you to gain more confidence in communicating in public contexts.
In this course you'll learn about the theory and practice of public speaking with emphasis on content, organization, language, delivery, and critical evaluation of messages.
Additional emphasis is placed on student performance stressing original thinking, effective organization and direct communication of ideas.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete ten lessons, which includes two open-book exams.
What's required for this online course?
A Pocket Guide to Public Speaking. O’Hair, Dan; Rubenstein, Hannah and Stewart, Rob. Fifth Edition.
- ISBN-10: 1457670402 or
- ISBN-13: 978-1457670404
Public Speaking Comm. 110 Workbook. Haselrud Opp, Cary and Kartoshkina. Twenty-seventh edition. UND PUBLICATION.
You will also need to assemble a three-person live audience for each speech.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.