Introduction to Media Writing
Explore various styles and forms of media writing required in journalism, advertising, broadcasting, public relations and speech communication.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
What You'll Learn in the Media Writing Online Course?
In this online course, you will receive extensive practice in preparing the common types of materials used in media writing as well as exposure to new forms of media.
Special emphasis is placed on:
- Communication perspectives
- Writing style and form
- Effective media writing in a variety of contexts
Media Writing Online Course Requirements
Required: News Reporting and Writing, The Missouri Group. ISBN-1457653540
Recommended: The Associated Press Stylebook, by The Associated Press. ISBN-091736063X
Media Writing Course Plan
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons. The Introduction to Media Writing online course has no exams.
For each lesson, you will search the internet to find an online example of the concepts presented in the lesson and then briefly explain how the example illustrates those concepts.
Each lesson has a quiz includes a short Associated Press (AP) style or grammar exercise for each lesson and an extremely short discussion of topics related to each lesson.
You will use information from interviews, media and your readings to write 12 assigned articles and other pieces, proof and edit those assignments, then turn them in.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.