Social Media Strategy Online Course
UND's social media strategy online course focuses on scholarly and commercial aspects of social media strategy as a communicative practice.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Social Media Strategy online?
Social media is about interaction. Consequently, this online course will give you a background on the true nature and power of social media, then let you generate your own content — as well as your own social media plan — in order to put what you learn into practice.
Each lesson involves these three overarching practices:
- Reading - you will read the indicated chapters in the text(s), along with any supplemental online materials. In each lesson you will answer an essay question related to the materials you have read and reviewed.
- Reviewing - you will choose one piece of social media content that is related to the subject of the lesson to review. You will review the post / blog that you select in light of the information provided in the reading portion of the week’s assignment.
- Creating - you will create and post your own content each lesson based on instructions provided. You will be pointed towards a topic and given a goal, but the specifics are up to you.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons. One lesson is mid-term exam consisting of short answer essay questions; a proctor is not required. The final assignment is to create a Social Media Plan. You will choose a client and spell out a one-year social media plan for them or for their product.
By the end of this online course, you will have a solid grasp of social media and the engines that work behind the scenes to drive this fascinating method of communication. Once you understand it, you will have the power to shape it yourself.
What is required to take this online course?
Social Media Strategy (Quesenberry) ISBN-10: 1442251530
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell your Story in a Noisy Social World (Vaynerchuk) ISBN-10: 006227306X
You will be required to have the following social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These are all free and you don’t need to use them for anything other than this course.
How will the Social Media Strategy course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.