Sports Communication Online Course
UND's sports communication online course will introduce you different fields of sports communication.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Learn Sports Communication in This Online Course
This online course contains 10 lessons designed to focus on the basics of sports communication and the different fields of sports communication. Sports media topics include:
- Writing Sports Stories Using the Inverted Pyramid
- Interviewing Coaches and Athletes
- Sports Story and Features for Print/Web
- Sports Information
- TV Anchoring and Sports Reporting
- Play-by-Play for Athletic Games
- Sports Marketing
- Digital Media in Sports
In this online sports communication course, you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to write a good, basic lead for a sports story
- Demonstrate the ability to write a good, basic 5-6 paragraph inverted pyramid sports story
- Learn and practice the basics of interviews with coaches and/or players
- Create and deliver basic content in different fields of sports communication
- Be able to both understand and explain the skills needed and what it takes to get started in the different fields of sports communication
Each lesson has a required reading and/or listening (podcast), an introductory lecture and an assignment.
There are no textbooks for this online sports communication course. All materials needed are online or provided in the course lectures.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.