Sports Communication Online Course
UND's Sports Communication will introduce you to all the different fields of sports communication.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Sports Communication online?
This course contains 10 lessons designed to focus on the basics of sports communication and the different fields of sports communication. Topics include: Leads, Inverted Pyramid Stories, Interviewing. Print/Web – Sports Story, Print/Web – Features, Sports Information, TV – Anchoring/Reporting, Play-by-Play, Podcasts, and Marketing/Social Media.
In this course, you will:
- demonstrate the ability to write a good, basic lead for a sports story
- demonstrate the ability to write a good, basic 5-6 paragraph inverted pyramid sports story
- learn and practice the basics of interviews with coaches and/or players
- create and deliver basic content in different fields of sports communication
- be able to both understand and explain the skills needed and what it takes to get started in the different fields of sports communication
Each lesson has a required Reading and/or Listening (Podcast), an introductory lecture, and an assignment.
Textbooks & Other Required Items
There are no textbooks for this course. All mtaerials needed are online or provided in the course lectures.
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.