Senior Capstone in Communication Online Course
This course introduces methodologies of historical, descriptive, and experimental research with attention to interpreting research results, selecting resarch design, and conducting communication research projects.
- COMM 102, COMM 103, COMM 110, COMM 200 and at least 75 credits completed
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take the Senior Capstone in Communication course online?
Learn about research by doing research. You will be exposed to research basics, and you will be asked to use them to solve the communication problems. Since research is a time consuming process, it is critical that you manage your time wisely. Each lesson involves these three overarching practices:
The objective of this class is to provide an understanding of the means by which information is gathered and used to make decisions by professionals in the field of communication. Research provides the basis for communication professionals to understand markets and the behaviors of target audience and can aid in the creation of more effective communication strategies. Moreover, research serves as the foundation of all effective communication plans. Emphasis is given to six primary areas:
- Understand the scientific method for answering brand- and marketing communicationsbased questions,
- Develop explicit and measurable research objectives in communication,
- Develop adequate communication research plans to solve those objectives,
- Implement appropriate methodologies to answer the questions proposed by the objectives,
- Analyze data, and
- Prepare the reports that communicate the results of the research.
What is required to take this online course?
This textbook is recommended. It will be nice ot have this textbook, but even if you dont' have it you can still complete the course successfully.
Davis, Joel J. (2012), Advertising Research: Theory and Practice, 2nd ed., Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
How will the Capstone course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.