Senior Capstone in Communication Online Course
Learn methods of research by interpreting results, selecting research design and conducting communication research projects.
- COMM 102, COMM 103, COMM 110, COMM 200 and at least 75 credits completed
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why Take the Senior Capstone in Communication Course Online?
Learn about research by doing research. You will be exposed to research basics, and you will be asked to use them to solve the communication problems. Since research is a time consuming process, it is critical that you manage your time wisely. Each lesson involves these three overarching practices:
The objective of this online class is to provide an understanding of the means by which information is gathered and used to make decisions by professionals in the field of communication. Research provides the basis for communication professionals to understand markets and the behaviors of target audience and can aid in the creation of more effective communication strategies. Moreover, research serves as the foundation of all effective communication plans. Emphasis is given to six primary areas:
- Understand the scientific method for answering brand- and marketing communications-based questions.
- Develop explicit and measurable research objectives in communication.
- Develop adequate communication research plans to solve those objectives.
- Implement appropriate methodologies to answer the questions proposed by the objectives.
- Analyze data.
- Prepare the reports that communicate the results of the research.
Online Course Textbook
This textbook is recommended. It will be nice to have this textbook, but even if you don't have it you can still complete the course successfully.
Davis, Joel J. (2012), Advertising Research: Theory and Practice, 2nd ed., Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.