Principles of Macroeconomics Online Course
This course covers the nature, method and scope of economic analysis.
- ECON 201: Principles of Microeconomics
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About Principles of Macroeconomics
This courses covers the nature, method and scope of economic analysis: aggregate levels of income and employment, inflation, monetary and fiscal policy, and the role of the US economy as part of a world economic system. Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand macroeconomic theory, relating to economic growth, price stability, unemployment, fiscal policy and monetary policy.
- Develop an understanding of how our aggregate economy's performance is measured.
- Develop a sense of Quantitative Literacy and how it impacts economics and your life.
- Be able to utilize knowledge and information to improve your economic performance.
- Develop an awareness of the global economy.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 17 lessons, including 4 proctored exams. Each lesson contains learning objectives, a to-do list, instructor videos, Mindtap homework, and a short quiz for each lesson. Lesson topics include:
- Supply and Demand Review
- Measuring a Nation’s Income - National Income Accounting
- Measuring the Cost of Living – Inflation
- Production and Growth
- Saving, Investment and the Financial System
- Basic Tools of Finance
- Monetary System
- Money Growth and Inflation
- Open Economy Macro
- Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
- The Influence of Monetary & Fiscal Policy on Aggregate Demand
Required Textbook and Materials
The textbook for this course is Principles of Macroeconomics by Gregory Mankiw, Cengage Publishing.
This course utilizes the e-book and MindTap activities through Cengage Unlimited. You will use the Cengage Mindtap system to earn points for each lesson so you must have that with your textbook, whether you purchase an e-book or textbook. You will access Mindtap through the course's Blackboard site. Cengage Unlimited has several subscription options. Students are encouraged to purchase the one year subscription.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.