English Composition Online College Course
This course is currently closed while being redeveloped.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $355.85 per credit
Why take this online composition course?
This for credit college composition course is designed to introduce you to—and to help you practice—the ways that people in a university setting write, read, and think. Through readings and writing assignments, you will learn to analyze, synthesize, interpret, and evaluate ideas, information, situations, and texts.
The credit from this course will not count toward an English major or minor.
Learning Objectives in the online College Composition 1 course
By the end of the course, you should:
- Use composing and reading for inquiry, learning, critical thinking, and communicating in various contexts
- Read a diverse range of texts, attending especially to relationships between assertion and evidence, to patterns of organization, and to how these features function for different audiences and situations
- Use strategies—such as interpretation, synthesis, response, and critique—to compose texts that integrate your ideas with those from our readings
- Develop a writing project through multiple drafts by giving and acting on productive feedback to works in progress
- Reflect on the development of your composing practices and how those practices influence your writing and reading
- Develop knowledge of linguistic structures, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling, through practice in composing and revising
- Practice applying citation conventions systematically in your own work
To promote these outcomes, the english composition undergraduate course will also engage you in a real, current, and on-going academic project, investigating the problems and potentials of reading, writing, rhetoric, literacy, language, and education writ large.
What is required to take this online course?
They Say/I Say. Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, 3rd Edition
- ISBN-13: 978-0393935844 or
- ISBN-10: 0393935841
Lessons & Exams for Engl110 Online Course
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 24 Lessons
- 0 Exams
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.