Introduction to Fine Arts Course Online Course
Our fine arts online course provides an introduction to the fundamental principles of the Fine Arts — visual arts, music, theatre and dance — including examples of the interaction of the arts in selected cultures from history and around the world.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why is Covered in Introduction to the Fine Arts?
In this course, we focus on the visual arts (painting, printmaking, drawing, photography, and sculpture), architecture, music, dance, and theatre. How we each respond to these various art forms depends on our own unique experiences and perceptions. Personal experiences refer to your family, the neighborhoods you have lived in, schools attended, religious training, friends, etc. Your perceptions are based on your sensory data and your ability to focus and concentrate your energies.
No two people will have identical perceptions and experiences, even if they live in the same house or listen to the same music. Your perceptions are constantly evolving and changing over time. We may share experiences with others, but our reactions or responses are always uniquely our own.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 9 lessons. There are no exams. This course includes a variety of assignments, including attending fine arts events (music event, theatre, art gallery) in your local community, response papers, quizzes and journals.
What are the Required Materials?
Sporre, Dennis J. Perceiving the Arts: An Introduction to the Humanities. 11th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2014. ISBN: 020599511X.
A link to the required music tracks (free to stream) is in the Blackboard course.
How Will the Introduction to the Fine Arts Course Appear on my Transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.