Introduction to Fine Arts Course Online Course
Our fine arts online course provides an introduction to the fundamental principles of the Fine Arts — visual arts, music, theatre and dance — including examples of the interaction of the arts in selected cultures from history and around the world.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Introduction to the Fine Arts online?
The online course introduces the fundamental principles of the Fine Arts—Visual Arts, Music, Theatre and Dance—followed by examples of the interaction of the arts in selected cultures from history and around the world and at a variety of campus arts events, in order to increase appreciation of the importance of the fine arts to the individual and community.
Lesson plan includes:
- Lesson 1 - Introduction
- Lesson 2 - Music: A Temporal Art
- Lesson 3 - Music: A Live Musical Performance
- Lesson 4 - Theatre Arts: The Art of Time and Space
- Lesson 5 - Theatre Arts: A Live Theatre Performance
- Lesson 6 - Dance: Ballet, Modern, World Concert, Ritual and Folk
- Lesson 7 - Visual Arts: Painting, Drawing, Photography and Sculpture
- Lesson 8 - Visual Arts: Formal Analysis and Personal Response
- Lesson 9 - Architecture: The Art of Sheltering
What is required to take this online course?
Musical Compact Disc Benton, Janetta Rebold. Arts and Culture: An Introduction to the Humanities. CD-ROM. Prentice Hall, 1999. ISBN-10: 0137893973.
Book Sporre, Dennis J. Perceiving the Arts: An Introduction to the Humanities. 11th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2014. ISBN: 020599511X.
How long will it take to complete the Introduction to the Fine Arts course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 9 Lessons
- 0 Exams
This course includes a variety of assignments, including attending fine arts events (music event, theatre, art gallery) in your local community, response papers, quizzes and journals.
How will the Introduction to the Fine Arts course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.