Global Physical Environment Online Course
UND's global environment online course studies the distribution of physical elements in the global environment.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Global Physical Environment online?
This online course focuses on the physical geography of places within the context of the five themes of geography:
- human/environment interaction
- features of interest (places on the landscape, position related to other features, etc.)
- the reasons a particular feature came to be located in a certain spot
- the Earth processes affecting places
For example, describing the processes that create weather has a direct influence on the character of places. This course is deliberately designed with an application omponent. Additionally, this course is partially focused and taught within the context of climate change/global warming.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about the physical environment including climate change/global warming as supported by materials in the textbook and other class materials provided by the instructor. Specific course content is related to the four spheres of the Earth:
Each lesson covered in this online class will be accompanied by a variety of learning materials that may vary such as readings (textbook and other resources), worksheets, and focused application problems.
What is required to take this online course?
Arbogast, A. F. 2014. Discovering Physical Geography, 3rd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
ISBN-13: 978-1118526781 or
Students will also need a calculator (must have sin function)
How long will it take to complete the Global Physical Environment course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 28 Lessons consisting of
- problem sets
- 3 Proctored Exams
How will the Global Physical Environment course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.