Global Physical Environment Online Course
UND's global environment online course studies the distribution of physical elements in the global environment.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Global Physical Environment online?
This online course focuses on the physical geography of places within the context of the five themes of geography:
- human/environment interaction
- features of interest (places on the landscape, position related to other features, etc.)
- the reasons a particular feature came to be located in a certain spot
- the Earth processes affecting places
For example, describing the processes that create weather has a direct influence on the character of places. This course is deliberately designed with an application omponent. Additionally, this course is partially focused and taught within the context of climate change/global warming.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about the physical environment including climate change/global warming as supported by materials in the textbook and other class materials provided by the instructor. Specific course content is related to the four spheres of the Earth:
Each lesson covered in this online class will be accompanied by a variety of learning materials that may vary such as readings (textbook and other resources), worksheets, and focused application problems.
What is required to take this online course?
Arbogast, A. F. 2014. Discovering Physical Geography, 3rd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
ISBN-13: 978-1118526781 or
Students will also need a calculator (must have sin function)
How long will it take to complete the Global Physical Environment course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 28 Lessons consisting of
- problem sets
- 3 Proctored Exams
How will the Global Physical Environment course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.