Global Physical Environment Lab
A global environment lab online course that complements Geography 121.
This course may also be taken independently of GEOG 121: Global Physical Environment.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why take a Global Physical Environment lab online?
This online course examines the physical environment and the processes that interact to form and shape the surface of the earth as we know it. These processes include:
- the actions of weather and climate
- geologic and biologic activity
We will examine how these processes act together in systems, including the impacts they have on humans, and the impact that humans have on the earth and its environments.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 15 Lessons and 2 proctored exams. Lab topics include:
- Earth-Sun Geometry and Insolation
- Radiation and Energy Balance
- Atmospheric Temperature
- Atmospheric Pressure, Circulation, and Wind
- Water in the Atmosphere
- Lapse Rates, Adiabatic Processes, and Cloud Development
- Midlatitude Weather and Weather Map Interpretation
- Climate Classification and Regional Climates
- Vegetation Form and Range
- Coincident Climates, Vegetation, and Soils
- Introduction to Topographic Maps
- Igneous Landforms
- Fluvial Landforms
- Glacial Landforms
- Coastal Landforms
Lemke, Karen A., et al. 2009. Physical Geography Laboratory Manual. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. ISBN-13: 978-0077276034
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.