Human Geography Online Course
Our human geography online course covers a systematic analysis of people’s cultural regions, including settlement patterns and change via migration and diffusion.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Human Geography online?
This introductory online course in human geography focuses upon concepts, models and applications of contemporary human geography to the study of the cultural landscape at scales ranging from the local through the global. The spatial approach is used to discover geographical perspectives on:
- folk and popular culture
- economic systems
- political systems
- land use planning
- environmental issues
What is required to take this online course?
Short, John Rennie, 2015. Human Geography: A Short Introduction. First Edition. New
York: Oxford University Press.
ISBN-13: 978-0199925124 or
How long will it take to complete the Human Geography course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 15 Lessons consisting of
- chapter reflections and exercises
- writing assignments
- 7 Open Book Exams
How will the Human Heography course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.