View of Earth and Planets Online Course
Geology 111 begins by setting the stage with a look at the big picture: the cosmos. We’ll examine its scale and scope, what it’s made of, and how it originated.
Under Construction. Check back later for more details.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Why take the View of Earth and Planets online course?
The goal of this course is to give students a solid background knowledge about space and the Solar System so that they are well-prepared for understanding any articles, books, and programs they encounter. It will also give you the ability to know what is incorrect or speculative in media about space. It will promote and develop your critical thinking skills.The course objectives are:
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the origin, age, materials, processes and history of the Solar System and beyond.
- To gain understanding of the origin, definition, and purpose of science.
- To understand that science correctly explains the age, origin, and history of planet Earth.
- To well satisfy the Essential Studies goal of "Critical Enquiry and Analysis".
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 22 lessons, including 5 proctored exams proctored by ProctorU Auto. Each lesson contains learning objectives, a to-do list, required reading, a short introductory video, and assessments. Lesson topics include:
- Introduction: The Universe
- Humans and Science
- Space Terms
- Origin of the Solar System
- Earth’s Differentiation and Unusual Crust
- Earth’s Moon
- Impact Craters
- The Sun and Stars
- Jupiter and Its Moons
- Earth as a Habitable Planet
Required Textbook and Materials
All required readings are provided within the course.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.