Western Civilization II Online College Course
The History 102 online course provides a comprehensive survey of Western Civilization from the Reformation to the present, with emphasis on movements and institutions common to Western Europe.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why take Western Civilization II online?
This online class is a survey of European History (Western Civilization) from the Protestant Reformation to the European Union. The online class examines specific themes, answer questions, explore paradoxes and seeks to present a cohesive understanding of the development of Western Civilization in its transition from a traditional to modern society. Because of the large amount of history in this period, the course focuses upon specific issues and events that shaped modern Western Civilization. Themes this online course focus on are:
- Political Development
- Cultural Development
- Economic Development
The online course begins with the concurrent Renaissance and Religious Schism initiated by Martin Luther, followed by political, economic and social developments. The online course then moves to the Isms of the late 18th and 19th centuries and how increasing economic competition influenced relations within and outside of Europe. The online course ends with the two World Wars and how the post-war period marked a new phase of European history.
Objectives for this online course include:
- Increase your understanding of Western Civilization.
- Increase your understanding of the relationship between long and short term change.
- Improve your critical thinking, writing and communication skills.
- Introduce you to the ideas and methods of history.
- Teach you to ask why and to question information.
What is required to take this online course?
Sherman, The West in the World 5th edition electronic book. This comes with McGraw-Hill Connect access which IS NECESSARY to complete the course.
ISBN-13: 978-0073407036 or
How long will it take to complete the Western Civilization II course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 22 Lessons consisting of
- homework problems
- No Exams
How will the Western Civilization II course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.