Introduction to Kinesiology Online Course
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About the Introduction to Kinesiology Online Course
This course is designed to give you an introduction and overview of areas in Kinesiology, including information on the required preparation and training for careers in this area. After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the rationale for a discipline of kinesiology, how it is structured, and the breadth of knowledge studied by its scholars and applied in professional practice.
- Defend the integrative nature and rationale of the field of kinesiology.
- Explain the importance of physical activity in daily life and the implications for the discipline of kinesiology.
- Identify the nature of professional occupations, the career options available to you as a kinesiology graduate, and the qualifications associated with each.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 13 total lessons designed to focus your study of Kinesiology and to assist you in achieving the course learning objectives/outcomes. You will work through a combination of required readings and videos and be tasked with assignments and/or quizzes for each lesson. Lesson topics include:
- Introduction to Kinesiology
- The Importance of Physical Activity
- Sociology of Physical Activity
- Motor Behavior
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Physiology of Physical Activity
- Becoming a Physical Activity Professional
- Careers in Health and Fitness
- Careers in Therapeutic Exercise
- Careers in Teaching Physical Education
- Careers in Coaching
- Careers in Sport Management
- Careers Project
This textbook is recommended but not required:
Hoffman, S. J. and Knudson, D. V. (2018) Introduction to Kinesiology (5th Ed.) ISBN: 978-1492549925
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.