Sports Psychology Online College Course
Our sports psychology online course examines the psychological constructs that influence competitive sport processes and physical activity.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Why take Sport Psychology online?
Talk to an athlete about their sport and you're likely to hear them mention the importance of being confident or maintaining motivation when things aren’t going their way, or how they were “in the zone.” Athletes who play team sports often talk about how important it is that everyone on their team “knows their role,” or how the team has (or has not) “come together.”
These are all topics that fall under the realm of sport psychology. One of the roles of a sport psychologist is to work with athletes to try to teach them how to hone their mental skills to improve their performance. To do this, sport psychologists use various methods—they have a “mental toolbox” if you will.
This online course covers sport psychological skills and the methods or techniques that are used to develop these skills. To this end, it examines psychological theories and research related to sport (and, to a lesser degree, exercise) behavior. The online course is designed to introduce you to the field of sport and exercise psychology by providing a broad overview of the major topics in the area.
Objectives of this online course include:
- Increase your understanding of how psychological factors influence involvement and performance in sport (and exercise and physical activity).
- Increase your understanding of how participation in sport (and exercise and physical activity) influences the psychological makeup of the individuals involved.
- Acquire skills and knowledge about sport (and exercise) psychology that you can apply as an athlete, coach, teacher, athletic trainer or exercise leader.
What is required to take this online course?
This textbook is recommended, not required.
Weinberg, R.S., & Gould, D. (2019). Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology (7th ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics. ISBN: 978-1-4925-7235-0
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.