Principles of Management Online Course
This online course provides a survey of the functions of management including planning, organizing, controlling, and leading.
- Prerequisites or Corequisites:
- Sophomore standing or higher with a total of 50 or more credit hours
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in this online management class?
Management 300: Principles of Management is designed to expose you to a variety of concepts presented within the framework of management, business and organizational functions. The effective management of the work of employees is the backbone of industrialized societies. This online course will expose you to the theories, skills and application of management.
You have 3-9 months to complete 17 lessons, which includes 3 proctored exams. Topics include:
- The World of Innovative Management
- The Environment and Corporate Culture
- Managing in a Global Environment
- Managing Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managerial Decision Making
- Designing Organization Structure
- Innovation and the Changing Worksplace
- Managing Human Talent and Diversity
- Understanding Individual Behavior
- Motivating Employees
- Managing Communication
- Managing Quality and Performance
Principles of Management Online Course Requirements
This course utilizes the e-book and MindTap activities through Cengage Unlimited. The textbook for the course is the 11th edition of Daft and Marcic, Understanding Management. The assignments contain a variety of activities including experiential exercises, multiple-choice and true-or-false questions, mini-simulations, and Internet exercises. You will be using the Cengage Mindtap system to earn points for each chapter's lesson so you must have that with your textbook, whether you purchase an e-book or textbook. You will access Mindtap through the course's Blackboard site.
Cengage Unlimited has three subscription options: 4 months (considered one term), 12 months, and 24 months. We recommend students purchase the 12 month subscription. Additional information is available in the Blackboard course and in the course syllabus.
How will the management course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.