Principles of Management Online Course
This online course provides a survey of the functions of management including planning, organizing, controlling, and leading.
- Prerequisites or Corequisites:
- Sophomore standing or higher with a total of 30 or more credit hours
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
What will I learn in this online management class?
Management 300: Principles of Management is designed to expose you to a variety of concepts presented within the framework of management, business and organizational functions. The effective management of the work of employees is the backbone of industrialized societies. This online course will expose you to the theories, skills and application of management.
You have 3-9 months to complete 17 lessons, which includes 3 proctored exams. Topics include:
- The World of Innovative Management
- The Environment and Corporate Culture
- Managing in a Global Environment
- Managing Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managerial Decision Making
- Designing Organization Structure
- Innovation and the Changing Worksplace
- Managing Human Talent and Diversity
- Understanding Individual Behavior
- Motivating Employees
- Managing Communication
- Managing Quality and Performance
Principles of Management Online Course Requirements
This course utilizes the e-book and MindTap activities through Cengage Unlimited. The textbook for the course is the 11th edition of Daft and Marcic, Understanding Management. The assignments contain a variety of activities including experiential exercises, multiple-choice and true-or-false questions, mini-simulations, and Internet exercises. You will be using the Cengage Mindtap system to earn points for each chapter's lesson so you must have that with your textbook, whether you purchase an e-book or textbook. You will access Mindtap through the course's Blackboard site.
Cengage Unlimited has three subscription options: 4 months (considered one term), 12 months, and 24 months. We recommend students purchase the 12 month subscription. Additional information is available in the Blackboard course and in the course syllabus.
How will the management course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.