Marketing Foundations Online Course
This online course provides an overview of the scope and nature of market exchange and the buyer's pivotal role.
- ACCT201: Elements of Accounting II, and ECON201: Principles of Microeconomics
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About the Marketing Foundations Online Course
This course will provide you with an overview of marketing. During this course you will learn about the external environments impacting marketing; the buyer decision making process; methods of segmenting and targeting customers and how the marketing mix, product, price, place and promotion, is used to ensure the right product is delivered to a customer at the time, place and price they expect.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define marketing
- Describe the components of a situation analysis
- Identify strategic alternatives and know a basic outline for a marketing plan
- Explain the concept of ethics in marketing
- Discuss the external
- Discuss the external environment of marketing and explain how it affects an organization
- Analyze the components of both the consumer and business decision-making process
- Describe the characteristics of markets and market segments
- Define marketing research and explain its importance to market decision making
- Define the term product
- Explain the steps in the new-product development process
- Discuss the benefits of supply chain management
- Describe common channel structures and strategies
- Discuss the role of promotion in the marketing mix
- Describe the communications process
- Discuss the importance of pricing decisions to the firm
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. The course content is organized in 19 lessons. This course does not have exams. Each lesson contains objectives, a to-do list, links to articles, and video/audio files to enhance the learning experience and support the various topics. Students are assessed through chapter quizzes, tests, and a marketing plan. Lesson topics include:
- An Overview of Marketing
- Strategic Planning for Competitive Advantage
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- The Marketing Environment
- Developing a Global Vision
- Consumer Decision Making
- Business Marketing
- Segmenting and Targeting Markets
- Marketing Research
- Product Concepts
- Developing and Managing Products
- Services and Nonprofit Organization Marketing
- Supply Chain Management and Marketing Channels
- Marketing Communications
- Advertising, Public Relations and Sales Promotions
- Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Social Media and Marketing
MKTG 13, Charles W. Lamb, Joe F. Hair and Carl McDaniel, Cengage Learning Inc., 2021 ISBN: 978-1-337-40758-8
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.