Fundamentals of Nutrition Online Course
Fundamentals of Nutrition presents the basic understanding of nutrition science.
This course identifies nutrients, their functions and food sources and discusses how food behavior translates into nutritional health.
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About N&D 240: Fundamentals of Nutrition
In this course, you will learn the basic principles of nutrition with application for individuals and family groups. The course also includes such topics as strategies to manage weight, non-nutrients in food, nutrition and physical fitness and other current nutrition topics. Students learn to apply the principles of nutrition to their own food intake to improve their nutritional health.
This course consists of 19 lessons, 4 proctored exams, and a nutritional health study project.
Required Course Materials
You need a textbook and nutrient analysis software for this course.
- Sizer, F and Whitney, E. Nutrition Concepts and Controversies. 15th Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing, 2019.
- Diet and Wellness Plus [computer software]. (2015). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company.
The ISBN for both the e-text and software is 9781337907101. If you buy the text and software separately, the software can be purchased from the Cengage website. Cengage Unlimited is also an option to access this text and software.
Additional materials will be posted in Blackboard.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.